Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Fax Ate My Referral

Ah, the mysteries of the disappearing faxes... two of my doctors say they faxed referrals and medical information to the new doctor on September 10, yet new doctor says they have not received any of it, so I can not make an appointment yet. No worries. I'm not in a hurry or anything. I'm not deteriorating or anything. My brain is totally fine. My hands shake because I guess I'm so goddamned excited all the time.

Still taking me Atenelol at night, but it hasn't stopped the hypnagogic hallucinations entirely. Woke Ben up the other night to tell him that the bugs were on him, the bugs that only I can see of course. He knows they're not there, but he has to watch me get up, turn the lights on, and examine the bed anyway. If this were the 60s, before EDS was named and its comorbidities identified (Chiari, POTS, MVP), I would have been sent away to be locked up in one of those horrible old-school asylums you see in movies. Might not be so bad... they probably have excellent pills :)

On a somewhat unrelated note...

I have a wonderfully colorful friend, a really talented guy with an enigmatic sense of humor and a relatively beautiful spirit, and he's sick too. I won't go into details since they're not mine to share, but being sick is a lot easier when you have someone to talk to... I know that misery loves company, but so does stubborn hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment