Thursday, September 6, 2012

Out with the Old, In with the New

I've decided I'm going to try one last local neurologist before I consider the Rochester Mayo Clinic. He's highly recommended by a few people I know, and he may be able to make sense of my tremors/memory loss/migraines/aphasia even without a vast amount of knowledge about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Calling to get records faxed to a new doctor (especially when the old doctor and new doctor are within the same specialty) is like pulling teeth. The staff acts offended that I no longer want to see their delicate genius who refuses to re-evaluate his Chiari Theory (see earlier post). Your doctor told me that he needed proof that patients with heritable connective tissue disorders benefit from upright imaging. Since I can't make him go back to medical school and relearn the anatomy and physiology of the brain, I'm going to see a new neurologist. It's that simple. I'd like to regain the full use of my hands, and prevent further memory loss. I'd like to be able to speak without confusing words. I'd like to be able to sit-up/stand without having my neck cocked to the side because I'm a human bobblehead. I'd like to hold my head up without immense pain and nausea. If you don't want to help me accomplish that, I'll find a new doctor to take my insurance money. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment