Wednesday, September 5, 2012

THAT Syndrome...

Lady called me back from the new Rheumatologist's office, informed me that he doesn't see patients with that syndrome.

Individual Case Management agent called me back from BCBS of AL, there's no way for them to help me (a) find a doctor that specializes in EDS in my state or (b) get around the restriction that requires a doctor to order/precert all imaging.

Just another Wednesday in the life of a chronically ill person :)

In other news, a very nice young girl that I met a few times was killed on her way to her classes for nursing school yesterday morning. As a sick person, I'm very honest with myself about my own mortality but I try not to think too much about the mortality of others. The truth is that our lives are in the hands of others at almost any given moment of every day. And while that can be a very depressing thought, it's almost kind of a relief. There's nothing you can do to stop death, and stressing about it gets you nowhere. Be a good person, help others, make the best choices that you can. That's all any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment